Thread: Lost setting in opera

Lost setting in opera

I lost my settings after upgrading. There is lots of new issues generated in this case. How do I Identify as Opera, Firefox or Internet Explorer. When I point my mouse on a link unable to see address on little yellow box. You have not specified an external helper application. Can we modify the configuration now. Message when trying to view source. I can't see Block content, in context menu. How can I change find in page highlight color. Is there a way to add Go button in address bar like the one in Internet Explorer. How do I delete typed URLs in address bar.

Re: Lost setting in opera

To Open operadef6.ini from Opera setting up directory and modify Multi User=1 to Multi User=0. This will restore back your settings. You can identify the different browser as per the settings follow the below steps. First you have to right click, then edit the site preferences, then go to the network like browser identification or the tool preferences. Go to the advance content manage site preferences and add the site.

To get the yellow box in your mouse pointer do this. Go to Tools and then to the Preferences, Advanced, Browsing, which facilitate and show tooltips & Tools appearances with Toolbars. It also facilitate status bar [or] use MultiPopup UserJS. And for the external helper location go to Tools and then to Preferences, Advanced, and Programs. Choose application for seeing source and Edit. Open with other application and select the application & place double quote (") before and after the path.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

By this you can get back the lost setting in opera. If you had missed the network tab in the site inclinations it is a difficulties or a trouble related to the Skin problem. To solve this you have to go to the tools then the appearances and the skin. After that you have to select the Opera Standard, and to turn off the error console you have to go tot he settings. Open console on error & clear Error Console Filter or use Opera Error console Autoclose.

If you are having the character issue lies with the encoding to display the characters correctly go to View and then Encoding the Automatic selection. To get a go button on your opera browse you can do this. You have to go to the tools, appearance, buttons and then the Browser view, then you have to Drag & drop Go button in between address and search field in address bar. but this you can see a go button same like internet explorer.

Maybe you selected the multi user alternative when installing and switched to a different Windows user. If you open the Help menu in Opera and select "About Opera", note the path shown next to "Opera directory". That's where the current settings are stored. Then investigate your hard disk for files called "opera6.ini" - if you find another one besides the one in the current settings directory, that will possibly or doubtless be the one containing your old lost settings. The name of the directory where you found it in should give you a clue why it got lost.