Thread: How to get the instant restart function on Firefox?

How to get the instant restart function on Firefox?

Hey, This could be the easier for you to recognize the problem of mine that i am unable to solve so that is why i came here. I am looking for the way get the instant restart of the Firefox as it is frustrating to restart the browser form the desktop after the Closing it from the File menu. So help me with the problem i.e. How to get the instant restart function on Firefox?. This will be appreciative if i got the solution of the problem that i am facing right now. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to get the instant restart function on Firefox?

There is an add on of the Firefox is available that will help you for the restart function of the browser that you are looking for so that you can make the same. This add on is known as the "QuickRestart". So if you need to use it then you have to download the same. This would be helpful when you have done some of the modification on the browser and need to restart and cant do that as you are doing some important work and don't want to stop the same so you have to click on the restart it later and restart the browser later with this extension.

If you want to give a restart to the browser after enabling or disabling an extension or modified the theme of the same, have some modification in config file the this add on is the best one for you. After you have completed downloading it then you have to add it to the toolbar so that you can have the access of the QuickFirefox on the browser. For that right click on the Toolbar and then click on the Customize and the on the buttons window click on the restart button and drag it to the toolbar to work with it. That all you have to so for the working of the extension of the Firefox. Thanks
    Last edited by Trio; 01-02-2010 at 11:17 AM.

To download the QuickRestart you have to go through the detail that i am specifying to work with the same this would be help you to download and install the QuickRestart.
    • Start the Browser
    • Go to the Tools Menu
    • Click to the Add on Menu item
    • After that click on the Browsed all add on
    • Go to Extension page write QuickRestart
    • Click on the Add to Firefox
    • Click on the Install
    • Restart the Browser.

To work with the instant restart why you are looking for the extension when you can make the same with the default option of the Firefox that enable the restart easily. This can be done by two ways one is from the File menu where you will get the restart option. Clicking n it will restart the browser. Or follow the another method that will be by the keyboard. Press CTRL+ALT+R will restart the browser. So follow these instead of downloading the same.

Ever needed to restart Firefox after enabling or disabling an extension, switching to a new theme, or modifying configuration files (such as userChrome.css or user.js)? This simple extension adds a "Restart Firefox" item to the "File" menu. You can also use the Ctrl+Alt+R keyboard shortcut, or the included toolbar button. For more about it and to download the same click here