Thread: VPN network Discontinued in domain case

VPN network Discontinued in domain case

Hi,
    I had purchased a domain for my site. Now here I am trying to create a remote access via my vpn connection. I have some server running on my network. I want to implement the domain on the server but for some reason the same is not working properly. What should I do here. What can be issue behind this.

Re: VPN network Discontinued in domain case

There are several possibilities that can come under remote access. If you have a fixed IP assigned by your ISP, then your PC is always accessible. If you have some issue with that then you will face network errors or not able to access windows network. It is possible that the connections are refused because of your firewall. Everything depends on your configuration. You use a router then check if it supports PPTP VPN (usually yes), a check box should suffice. Otherwise, open ports 1723 and GRE protocol 47 in flattered to your computer.

You're dynamic IP, you must either know your IP address in real time (for this use UNIPOM 1.1) or to match this address to a domain name. In this case, you can either purchase a domain name fee, a free domain name. Here are two companies offering the service, No-IP - Consult this file to configure your dynamic DNS with no-ip.com. And DNS2Go - Consult this file to configure your DNS dynamic DNS2Go.

Here is way to create a vpn client while you have domain with you. To enable vOn the client computer, open network connections and remote access. Click on Create a new connection. A dialog box opens. Then select connect to a VPN. If you have a RAS connection type (ie you connect to the Internet via a modem and not a router), select establish an initial connection" by selecting the appropriate Internet connection.

In fact, if you're not connected to the Internet when you launch your VPN client connection, it will first connect to your ISP. If you go through a router, select Do not automatically dial the initial connection. Then click on Next. As the dialog box, enter your domain name or IP address. Choose whether you want this connection to be licensed to you only or for all computer users. Then provide a name for your connection.

You can simply run the VPN connection by double-clicking it. If your Internet connection is not active, it will ask you to run it. Otherwise, a dialog box will open asking you to specify a user-name and password match. That is, if all goes well, you'll be connected to your computer remotely. You can access the shared folders but also (if you use XP Pro) take over your machine remotely. For those using ADSL or cable, the speed display is really awesome.