Thread: IE 7 Enhanced Security is disabled but is still enforced

IE 7 Enhanced Security is disabled but is still enforced

My terminal server is installed with Windows Server 2003 SP2 and Internet Explorer 7. I have installed the latest microsoft security updates. I have disabled the enhanced security but still some of the user still get the message "Windows Internet Explorer's Enhanced Security Configuration is currently enabled on your server". please help me to solve this problem.

Re: IE 7 Enhanced Security is disabled but is still enforced

The windows Internet Explorer's enhanced Security Configuration is very good when it comes to the security of your network and i don't know why you want to disable it because it is securing your network. By disabling it your network will not be much secure as it as before disabling the enhanced Security Configuration.

Can you tell me why you want to disable the Enhanced Security of the Internet Explorer. Also please explain your problem in some more details so that the situation becomes somewhat more clearer. Try to provide the screen shot of the error message and also post the log file of this error. So that i can provide you a better solution.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

I want to disable the IE 7 Enhanced Security since most of the users are using their normal Active Directory domain accounts but the network applications that they can use from their desktop fail when they attempt to use them from the terminal server.Also they will have to make use of a proxy server for accessing the Local area network (LAN) but it is bypassed for the local address.

On the terminal server start regedit and then check the following registry settings [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows
    NT\CurrentVersion\TerminalServer\Install\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\InternetSettings\ ZoneMap]
    Check the IEHarden if it is 1 then changing it to 0 would resolve this issue.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

To solve this issue start the regedit on the terminal server and check the following registry key
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows
    NT\CurrentVersion\TerminalServer\Install\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\InternetSettings\ ZoneMap]
    Verify the IEHarden value if it is 1 that is if you find ("IEHarden"=dword:00000001) then change the 1 which is at the end to 0.
    and your issue will be fixed.