Thread: I am not able to view web pages and online videos on Internet Explorer 8

I am not able to view web pages and online videos on Internet Explorer 8

Hi friends,
    Recently the problem started in watching videos online on my Internet Explorer version 8. The scripting for Java applets is enabled in my internet security settings and I have done the installation of latest version of Adobe Flash player. I am able to watch youtube videos fine when I use the search function on the site, but when I go to a user's profile in youtube and click on a video to play it, I get an error message which says "Bad response from server". Also i am no able to watch videos on the BBC Sport website. The homepage of MSN is not showing up properly.
    Please help me out to solve this problem.

Re: I am not able to view web pages and online videos on Internet Explorer 8

I would like to suggest you to please update your flash player properly without doing any custom settings or you can just do a reinstallation of your updated flash player, it might have become corrupted, or if when you just installed it and didn't notice any changes in your problem, i think it might not have installed correctly. Other then the server message which you are getting from youtube, it sounds like a youtube server issue which is not related to your flash player or java scriplets.

As Jackson said that the server problem which you are getting from youtube would be their serverend problem you should not worry about that. Coming to your MSN problem which i think that you should need a setting which would help you to solve your problem.
    I'll provide you some steps, just follow it:
    • Go to Control Panel/Internet Options
    • Now select Advanced tab
    • Under Reset Internet Explorer settings select Reset button
    • Don't select Delete personnel settings
    • Now select Reset button.
    • Does MNS page load OK now

I had the same Internet Explorer 8 problem. I have a solution which has just worked for me. Uninstalled IE8 from the add/remove programs from your system. Then i did a system restore back to an earlier date before I had installed IE8.
    To do a system restore do the steps as suggested, In Windows, click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, point to System Tools, and then click System Restore. Follow the prompts which you get to complete the restoration process.
    I think there may be a problem with your java app, so it would be worth checking when you last installed a java update.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

I found a solution from a website that suggested me to do the following. It cured my problem to a certain extant. Because the IE 8 is new there are some websites which have not caught up to IE 8 and they are not compatible with the new browser. If you find a site that doesn’t appear to load correctly, you can try to solve this loading problem by clicking on the Tools button on the Menu Bar and selecting Compatibility View. It will cause IE 8 to emulate IE 7 by that you can still view pages that haven’t caught up to the new browser. If you are still face problem you can go to Adobe’s website and manually install the downloader instead of getting it through update.

I was also facing this kind of problem but i solved. When you install some fake antivirus it make some changes to the LAN options on Internet Explorer, if the antivirus or antispy does not help to restore the correct settings. This can do some thing that can help you. Go to the internet options from your browser that is IE, after that go to conections tab, and then to the LAN settings. Check the option available "automatically detect configuration" and please do "uncheck" the option i.e "use a proxy server....". After that restart your IE to see if it works fine.