Thread: Why FileZilla connection refused by server

Why FileZilla connection refused by server

Hi,
    I use Windows Vista OS and use FileZilla for download it will work fine but after updating my all software and after that I try to open FileZilla for downloading some files but it will not work properly I get this error:
    Status: Delaying connection due to previously failed connection attempt...
    Status: Connection attempt failed with "ECONNREFUSED - Connection refused by server".
    Error: Could not connect to server
    Can anyone tell me why FileZilla connection refused by server?

Re: Why FileZilla connection refused by server

There is two major things for this occurring this problem:

First: windows firewall, some time firewalls also blocked the packets which is comes from the server and then it was working stopped, I think because of this you face this problem and for solving this problem you have to disabled your firewall and then try for setup a new connection.
    Or there another thing is you antivirus.
    For solving this problem you try to use Mcafee because Macafee has the "Access Protection" option in the "Virus Console", it will help you to disable it. For that Right click on the Mcafee icon in the system tray and select Virus Console to see if it is enabled. Once it is disabled, retry FileZilla.
    I using this solution you able to solve your problem.

Use following steps for fixing this problem
    1. In Windows Vista, click "Change Settings"
    2. Select the "Exceptions" tab.
    3. Click "Add program"
    4. Then click on "Browse"
    5. Then locate the directory you installed FileZilla Server to by default it is “C:\Program Files\FileZilla Server\"
    6. Then Double click or select "FileZilla server.exe" and press open
    7. Select "FileZilla server.exe" from the list and click "Ok"
    8. After that it will verify the "FileZilla server.exe" if it will added to the exceptions list
    9. Press "Ok" to close the window
    Use this solution and I sure it will help you to solve your problem.

I think for solving this problem you have to check first the URL is right or not. At URL place you have to write the ftp server address of server name or site. If there is no problem in your URL then trying to connect is own, or doing FTP upgrades using this may be you able to connect your filezilla to server. If it will not work then there is some problem of you your security center for that you have to uninstall your antivirus program and reinstall it and may be after that you able solve your problem.

I think this is a major problem in your computer, because I also face this same problem this is a major virus infection in your computer and for solving this problem you have to format your computer because this virus are enter in your network place and affect all the network computer, and I think as soon as you have to solve your problem else other network computer also infected for solving this problem you have to hard for mat your computer. I think using this solution you able to solve your problem.

Hi,
    Im new to the forum and had a similar problem to yours, my FileZilla kept saying "ECCONREFUSED - Connection refused by server".

After disabling my firewall / windows firewall etc the problem was still there.

Then for some reason I decided to switch off my router for a minute and switch it back on - then tried connecting to FileZilla and voila! it worked!

I don't know why it worked - it just did.

I looked all over the net for a solution to the ECCONREFUSED error and could not find anything, it seems like a mysterious problem - a lot of people have said that sometimes their FileZilla works and sometimes it doesn't, randomly.

Restarting my router has done the trick for me, so hopefully it works for you as well.

Feel free to ask any other questions!