Thread: Status bar popup ads in Firefox

Status bar popup ads in Firefox

Hi, I am having doubt on the Firefox. I was working on the browser and install the add on of it that is "Google Reader Notifier" from the extension page of the Mozilla Firefox. But after that my browser's status bar started showing the advertisement and i don't know why this is happening as i haven't click on any ads. So tell me why Status bar popup ads in Firefox. Is it harmful for my system or is it some kind of malware. Help me.

Re: Status bar popup ads in Firefox

Hey, I think that you are not aware of the Google Reader Notifier that is consider as the spam for the browser. It tracking the browser and displaying the advertisement that are having the malware for your system. So if you are running the same then its better to remove it other wise you system will be having the trouble and that will be cause the loss of the data. I hope that if you are using it then immediately take action against it as it contain the Despicably Intrusive Ads. Thank you

Yes, this is adware. Don't support this developer and his b(ad) practices. This is very good and useful extension but uninstalled it immediately if you are started getting the ads. And also report this to about this extensions it as Mozilla found this extension is crapware. This add on is removed from the list of the Mozilla Extension download page and not more available there, So it is better to remove if you are using the same. Thanks

As i am not aware of this adware and installed the same and after that started getting the ads. So i think that now my system is infected with the Despicably Intrusive Ad. So could you tell me how to get rid of this and make my system running completely free from the virus. I hope to get the solution of the same.

There is only the method to remove it and that will keep your system free with this kind of the malware. Now update your anti virus with the,latest definition and also scan the complete system for the virus. You can also download the latest version of the same extension that will not have this problem but before that check the review of the same. This infected extension also prompt for the update of it. Don't update at all otherwise you will suffer more. Do the same and start working with it.

To uninstall the same you have to take the following step that will remove it completely. So just go with it which will delete the same and make your system safe from this adware
    • Start the Browser
    • From the MenuBar go to the Tools Menu
    • And then to the Add on Menu item
    • Now go to the Extension tab
    • And in click on the uninstall button from there to uninstall this