Thread: How to organize multiple bookmarks & configure mailto in FireFox

How to organize multiple bookmarks & configure mailto in FireFox

Hi,
    I am using Mozilla Firefox. The only reason to use this browse is the bookmark function and fast browsing in multiple tabs. Now lets take a example that I have some 30 to 50 bookmarks. I need some suggestion them to organize bookmarks in Firefox properly. Like to search any site fast as I can. Sometime this becomes really mess for me and new bookmarks are adding up each day. How to setup the mailto function in Firefox browser. I am using a Yahoo email service for the same.

Re: How to organize multiple bookmarks & configure mailto in FireFox

Firefox allows creation of shortcuts bookmarks. For example, if you visit often Netvibes, you can create a shortcut to quickly open the site you want to achieve. You will find here the method for creating shortcuts on Firefox. f like me you use a multitude of services on Google, there is a module for Firefox, which achieves one-click services you use every day. This module is called GButts, you can create a list of applications from more than forty service offered by Google.

It is correct that once the applications are selected, you can add icons on the toolbar or Firefox to create a menu that will contain all the selected web applications. In GButts preferences, I suggest you check "always open a new tab. In this way, applications open automatically in a new tab. So this makes very easy to usage and fast to apply also. But this sometime hangs the system. So just be sure that you have a good internet connection.

You can get much the same role in installing the toolbar from Google or simply by creating shortcut keys associated with the bookmarks that you use often. So when you associate a keyword to one of your bookmarks, you instantly reach the bookmark by entering the keyword in the address bar. For example, if you associate the letters GM to GMail or ym to Yahoo Mail, you can reach these services by entering the letters you have associated them. To create keywords to your bookmarks (bookmarks), select the menu Bookmarks > Organize Bookmark. The technique has the advantage of shortcuts to work with all websites. In contrast, GButts is jam quickly.

If you want to use a webmail service as the primary address, you can configure Firefox to automatically open Yahoo Mail or GMail rather than the application resides on your computer. So the next time you click on an email address, it will be open to your webmail. Among the new features offered by Firefox, you can now configure the protocol mailto that your browser uses GMail or Yahoo Mail rather than the client application resides on your workstation. That way, when you click on an email address found on the web, this will be your Web mail service that will start.

For those who use Yahoo Mail, configuration mailto is simple. On Mac, open the Preferences in Firefox and select the Windows menu Tools > Options. Then choose the Applications tab. Note that here Firefox lets you configure multiple applications or services with which it interacts. For example, if you prefer to use iTunes instead of QuickTime to play MP3 files, you can modify the application. To change the mailto protocol, select from the list of applications. At right you will see the mailto application that is currently used. Click on the application and select Yahoo Mail.