Thread: Firefox and Chrome essential commands

Firefox and Chrome essential commands

Hi,
    I am using Mozilla Firefox right now. I had also downloaded and installed Google Chrome. So I need some configuration details. First is it possible to launch a new tab automatically from the search box. If yes then how. And I need a list of Chrome keyboard shortcuts with the commands used in it for configuration. Thanks in advance.

Re: Firefox and Chrome essential commands

Firefox allows as many browsers now, perform a search in the box at the top right of the window. It is possible to force Firefox to automatically open a new tab when you use the search box. Automatically, the browser will create a tab to display the results. In the address bar, enter about: config and press In the filter field, then write: browser.search.openintab. Then double-click the result showing that the password value of False to True And now, now you are no longer bothered by the results of search.

If you're a Chrome user, be aware that there are a series of commands and shortcuts that can be useful depending on your needs. They add that even when such information is more for experienced users, especially for orders. They are Ctrl + k for force search with a ?. Ctrl H: Open History, Ctrl J: Open download, Ctrl B: Hides or displays the bookmarks bar, etc.

To search in Search in Omnibox press Ctrl + 6, To find some pages press Ctrl + F, for navigating between tabs press Ctrl + 1 to 9, to reopen the tab you had just closed press Ctrl + E, to move between tabls press Ctrl + Tab, to Open link in a hidden tab press Ctrl + mouse clikc etc. In the same way there are amny more shortcuts commands. But this one are widely used.

I am listing you some special commands used in configuration of chrome. They are about: cache > Cache, about: memory > memory statistics, about: stats > Statistics engine, about: network > List http requests, about: hangabout: internets > Tribute to Senator Ted Stevens (do not run under Vista), about: histograms > History, etc.

There are more commands other than what are mentioned above. But this thing to be taken into point is don't use them till it is needed. Some of commands are about: dns > Caching DNS, about: plugins> list of installed plugins, about: version > Gives the version number, about: crash > Simulated crash, about: shorthang > Done crash the browser (just the current tab), etc.