Thread: Can i manage the Downloads on status bar?

Can i manage the Downloads on status bar?

Hi, I have been looking for the way by which i can access the downloads on the status bar and not on the separate window. I need this so that i don't have to open a separate downloads windows every time. I will manage the all download from the one browser window. So help me with Can i manage the Downloads on status bar. So if there is any way then let me know about the same.

Re: Can i manage the Downloads on status bar?

Yes, There is add on which will help you for the same issue that you need to open a windows of the download in the from of the status bar. This cool add on is known as the "Download status" that uses the download on the status bar instead of the new windows. This also gives the detail about the downloads like what is the speed and what percentage is downloaded. So go with it. You can get it on the Official site of the Mozilla.
    Last edited by Gluteus; 18-01-2010 at 01:06 PM.

Hi, I have like this add on and searched for this but could not find any where so if you tell me where can get this and also the complete specification of the same then this would be appreciated. Give me the download of this nice extension. So help me one more time. Thank you

To download the same you have to go through the detail that i am specifying to work with the same this would be help you to download and install the Download status bar.
    • Start the Browser
    • From the MenuBar go to the Tools Menu
    • And then to the Add on Menu item
    • After that click on the Browsed all add on
    • Now on the Extension page type Download Status
    • This will display the list of same, Click on the Add to Firefox
    • Now click on the Install after the counting stops
    • Restart the Browser. And its done now you can use it.
    Last edited by Maximus(); 18-01-2010 at 01:07 PM.

This add-on replaces the standard download text of Firefox 3.* with some more detailed information. It displays the total download speed, the remaining size, the total number of files and the remaining time of your downloads (including DownThemAll!).Replaces the standard download text of Firefox 3.* with some more detailed information (total speed, remaining size, number of files and remaining time). Including downloads via DownThemAll!. To know more about this visit here

There is one more add on the Firefox available that gives the complete detail of the Downloads this uses the status bar to view the downloads.This allow the managing of the same from the tidy statusbar without watching it in the another window. This is known as the "Download Statusbar". So download it from the here and enjoy it completely. I hope that you will like it.