Thread: Firefox Error: Content Encoding Error

Firefox Error: Content Encoding Error

Hey there, I have an issue that i faced while i was surfing on the internet and don't know what happen i started getting an error of Firefox i.e. "Content Encoding Error". I have refreshed it most of the time but nothing work i was getting the same error every time, Now the problem is solved but i just want to clear the view of this message. So help me with the same. Thanks in advance

Re: Firefox Error: Content Encoding Error

If you are getting this error then you might be accessing the email client. This error message occur when you are trying to access the email client which is is using the Horde as their email client. Whenever you are trying to access the email on the web then you may get this kind of error. This means that server response could not be decoded using encoding type returned by server.

As you are saying that i will get this message when i am trying to access the Email client of the Web, Let me inform you that i am not trying to access email client i was just trying to open a Web page that are having no email client and i got the same with note on below the error that is "The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression".

If you are get this message in the future then i will suggest you to make the compress output to false this will solve your issue. I don't know why this error occur but let me tell you the solution of this. Go to the "config file" and the make the above change that i have told you i.e "$config['compress_output'] = FALSE;". This will definitely work if your working on your own Webpage development.

According to the knowledge i have got is that Web servers always uses the GZ compression and Firefox supports. This error is because the Firefox about config is set the http to the gzip,deflate. So to get rid of this i have tried one method that is i have added the "gz" in the same i.e. gzip,deflate,gz and now its started working. This is just the compression format issue that occur when the compatibility of compression clashes.

Hey thanks to all i got the same problem but could not mind about the same and keep my work going on but after reading this post when checked the config of the Firefox i got the same issue and after changing the same i didn't get the issue that i am facing with viewing of one webpage. Now i can access that web page also.