Thread: What is the difference between 3G and WiMax

What is the difference between 3G and WiMax

Hi friends, I am using Samsung Corby Pro. This very good smart mobile phone. Most of the time I am far away from my home. So need 3G service to stay connected with my family and friends. But in some areas 3G service is not working properly due weakens and it is costly too. And I heard about the WiMax service which is faster and cheaper than 3G. Can you solve my query please?

Re: What is the difference between 3G and WiMax

WiMax is one of the best wireless network service with very high speed and long range, you can compare it with 3G wireless service, reported by VNUnet. WiMAX, or IEEE 802.16d to provide it its official name, In the meantime, apparently, 3G wireless mobile services and WiFi are most famous in use, so there is no chance to upgrade to WiMAX. And it will going to be integrated in your mobile phones in 2010.

By the Luke Thomas, senior research analyst at Frost & Sullivan. WiMax sevices will be there in your mobile from early 2010. But there is no point to buy a WiMax compatible handset when you having a same service as compared to 3G which is fullfilling all your needs. But 3G service is one of the costliest service for data transfer and that the 3G network is so tightly controlled by the mobile operators.

Advantages of WiMAX wireless service. It is specially developed for accessing the Internet technology but it is not developed for replacing the current mobile networks which have gained global scale from the past ten years. Wireless Wimax service is built around the IP and also for developing from the ground up to support strong QoS and the security, WiMax provides you an excellent platform to run VoIp.

WiMax with VoIP, which is replacing too many cord based phones lines due to it is more reliable to use the bandwidth and lines. Because of this WiMax technology is running on mobile networks obsolete. The VoIP is the disruptor to the WiMax cellular service, once it is fully developed in the world, then its easy to provide a global roaming of Internet had covered to day.

It is IP based network and the WiMax is specially made for IP, and it is natively works current IP-based devices, services and utilities. There is an example of VoIP. This is cheaper and very easy to monitor and manage with standards tools. It has interface chips and chipset, mobile company are integrating the WiMax chips in the device itself.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain