Thread: Hosting video on website

Hosting video on website

Hi,
    I am searching for some way to host a video on my own site. A friend suggested me to go on Youtube firs and then upload video on that. From there I can put the video on my site. But how. I had not done this before and need help for the same. Second thing is there a way by which I can post my own video on it. If yes then how. Thanks in advance.

Re: Hosting video on website

If your are trying to put your live video on your site than that is not so difficult to do that. For that it is recommended that you have a computer with high speed internet connection. The computer acts as your web hosting server. For that you will have to use a server application. Apache can be better for that. Get Apache and install tha in your computer. Give your site link and the image code.

By Apache it is possible to host your web cam on your website. First to do that install Apache. Then load the files of your siste in the public folder. Now you have to forward the port number of your webcam.Then just check the FTP settings of the camera. You will now need to add the HTML code of the web cam image on the page. Set in such a way so that the page gets refresh after every 5 seconds.

Youtube gives direct embed like of videos in it side. You can see that on the right side. If you insert the same on your sift then you can see the video on your site also. Like if you have a web page where you want the video then just insert the embed link and proper code. If you are using a ready made editor then insert the same link in the insert flash option.

To simply post the Youtube video on your site just go on the site and register yourself. Then open the video which you want. Copy the code of the video which is in the message box of the video. Paste the same on your website. To make this more easy you can put the text based hyperlink on the site which is coded with the url of Youtube video. The same can bed one by other third party software also.

Embedding videos on site really creates problem due to variety of formats. But it is possible to put your own video on your site. That can be done by this. First get a good flv converter like Riva Free Encoder. Then convert your video to flv and then post the same in flash option. In this way your own original video will be on your site.