Thread: How to post News on a site

How to post News on a site

Hi,
    I am trying to create a small news site for my college. Here I will update all the latest news on the site. I need some information on writing the news no the site. This will not be limited to my institution but to the local area also. So what is a better way to publish an article. What points should be considered in the mind. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to post News on a site

The best way to start is drafting. Drafting means to create a draft copy of your final news. Then check out all the necessary changes and then post the news on your site. If you go and put the information at once on your website then it is possible that you loose some of the information or the quality of the same lacks.

The style should be treated. It is clear that the types, of text, syntax and style are needed. The jargon and convoluted sentences, too. You will need to go more simple, clear and be ventilated for maximum efficiency. Avoid intricate details and explanations of specialties. The languages is most important part here. You will have to consider good sources for getting the information.

The statements in the news should focus on the content offered by the site and not on the business editor or a particular product. We must highlight its originality and show that it meets a real need very focused and satisfied with the user. The press release is not an advertisement, it must describe a content whose value exceeds the marketing sphere.

Don't use humiliation keywords in your site. No superlatives like "we are the best, No. 1, fantastic ...". You do not require the journalist a way of thinking, let it get an idea of the quality and value that you offer to users. And thanks, do not call the phone a reporter asking him if he has read your statement. While the advantage of email is that it allows the recipient to not play it when so decides. Do not spoil it.

Remember the W: Who, What, Where, When, Why (who, what, where, when and why). All relevant information and do not forget your contact details (name of contact person, URL, email, postal address, phone, fax ...) so that the journalist is someone to contact if interested and would like to have additional information.