Thread: How to hide the status bar in Mozilla Firefox?

How to hide the status bar in Mozilla Firefox?

Hello there, I have been using the Mozilla Firefox for the first time and want to customize according to my need. So here this i need to customize the status bar of the Firefox for the Fun. I wan to hide the status bar and get it back when it is required in easy way but i have no idea about the same. Is it possible? if the answer is yes then tell me How to hide the status bar in Mozilla Firefox?. Thank you

Re: How to hide the status bar in Mozilla Firefox?

As you want to do it for the fun there is an add on of the Firefox that will hide the status bar and get it back to you when you need it. Once you have installed it on your system you will not find the status bar anymore. The status bar is hidden from the browser. This add on is known as the "autoHideStatusbar" So download it and see the working of the same.

Hey, Can you specify more about the same so that i can use it, And also let me know where to get it. So that i can download it and install it as i am new for the Firefox i don't know much about the add on. So again help me for same.

After the installation of the same you can change the preferences of the same. This will provide the facility of the hiding the status bar if you don't wish to see. To use it with your browser chose always for hovering a link and selected the Floating statusbar option. You can also show it for the particular link that you wish to display when you need it. For that on the preference window click on the Filter tab and the enter the URL that you wish to display the Status bar. Thats it.

To download the same you have to go through the step that i am describing here to work with the add on of the Mozilla Firefox. This is really working add on that will hide the status bar from the browser window. Follow this
    • Start the your Mozilla Browser
    • Then Go to the Tools menu
    • Click on the Add on from the Tools
    • Now on the search box enter autoHideStatusbar and hit Enter key
    • A complete list of add on display related to keyword
    • Click on the autoHideStatusbar and install
    • Restart your browser.

Thank you

autoHideStatusbar is a Firefox extension that hides the statusbar. The statusbar is shown back when hovering a "sensitive zone" with the mouse and can be shown back when a page loads or when hovering a link, according to the preferences. Additionally, a statusbar icon and/or a toolbar button can be used to quick enable/disable.hotkey: CTRL-ALT-U (show back the statusbar until a click is made). To download same click here