Thread: Is brand names accepted in Meta Tags

Is brand names accepted in Meta Tags

Hi,
    I manage some sites. I am not sure about SEO. I took some tips from an article online. After reading it I have some doubts in my mind. First it is right or better to use brand in Meta Tags. Will it give a boost to the site traffic. Second thing can I link anything in my sites. Any file which I think can get me good traffic on my site. Please post proper suggestion for the same. Thanks in advance.

Re: Is brand names accepted in Meta Tags

The method of using brand name in meta tags is useless. This method is discouraged unless you are the owner of this trademark. The meta tags, especially keywords and description tags, to specify the search engines what keywords to index your pages. It is these keywords that users are likely to find your site when searching.

The general rule to insert meta tags is to choose words related to topics covered in the page, starting from the general keywords to achieve a more precise and specific. Experience shows that some unscrupulous webmasters use keywords that are unrelated to the topic in their pages. They use keywords used extensively like free, sex, pamela, cheats, etc. This is really worthless.

In case of brand names, even names of their direct competitors to appear prominently in the results pages of search engines. This practice has been the subject of much litigation before the courts have held that this was the parasitism and unfair competition. This practice is also called trademark infringement and misappropriation of clients. Search engines have all modern means to detect such practices.

Not actually you can link anything on your site. Because you cannot drive content or media from other sites provide a link simply on your site. Some of the examples of the same are, establishing links to illegal files (mp3, divx movies, cracked software) even if you are not hosting your own files. You are guilty of aiding and abetting breach of copyright. Your site can get ban. Anything is termed as unaccepted online can be harm your site.

Yes that is true. You must use your own content or media to create a credibility of you website. You cannot post illegal content like ban phobias, any prejudice and drug promotion. Even if your own text to the same is condemn. If you post a link to a page of another site so it appears in a frame on your system frames. This convinces the visitor that this page is part of your site then it is part of another site.