Thread: Teleport Pro offline web browser

Teleport Pro offline web browser

Hi,
    I need a saving software which can copy an entire web site and the same can be viewed or accessed offline. I found Teleport Pro for this work. What I learned about this tool that is lets you download complete Web sites (images, HTML pages, etc..) So you can view them later offline. I need some more information on this. Thanks in advance.

Re: Teleport Pro offline web browser

The program serves Teleport Pro to download complete web sites, ie not just the home page, but all dependent on it, and all graphics and other files that appear on the site. Thus, you can download complete websites to see later in our house without being connected to the Internet. You can also record the entire website on a CD-ROM, to visit the page on a computer that has no Internet connection.

It is true that downloaded version of the website will not update automatically from the Internet, so if you want to see recent changes to the website, you have to visit on the Internet, or reused Teleport Pro. By the method explained in Continuing a download Teleport Pro will check back all the contents of the website, and only download the new and which have been modified.

The advantages of this program is that it allows you to visit the pages without waiting to be downloaded once you have downloaded then you have the complete website to your hard disk. You can simply put them in a CD and view without internet connection. The same sits can be updated by downloading other day when. So this saves time and it is a nice options.

Teleport Pro is a shareware program, i.e it is not free, but you can freely copy, install it on your computer and try to see if it meets your needs. However, until you buy the program, Teleport will not download more than 200 files in each site, which will prevent you from downloading the biggest sites. It you want an easy offline website viewer then this one is a right options to go with.

Teleport Pro is easy because it allows you to easily save any site. To save a particular Web page, simply use the option File-Save As from the browser. For example, in Internet Explorer 5 can decide if you want saving only the part of the text like Web Page or HTML only, then save page as ASCII text to display in notepad or other programs (text files) save page and all images containing. The only drawback is sometime the links in the pages does not work properly.