Thread: Microsoft Live Meeting Error "Data Execution Prevention"

Microsoft Live Meeting Error "Data Execution Prevention"

HI, i am having some problem with Microsoft Live Meeting which we use in the company am working to connect our organization meetings. Couple of days ago, i just upgraded Live Meeting to 2007 on my Windows XP computer. Since than i am unable to hear audio and some times it also gives me an error message saying "Data Execution Prevention". I checked all my audio connection, everything is perfect but still the audio is not playing.

Could you guys please help me fixing this both issues with Microsoft Live Meeting 2007? Thanks in advance..

Re: Microsoft Live Meeting Error "Data Execution Prevention"

Basically Data Execution Prevention is used by Windows Xp in order to prevent damage from viruses and from other security threats. If it finds any suspected program that tries to run code from a protected location, you will be notified whether the code is malicious or not. In case your computer is set to apply DEP to all programs and services, the DEP error message will have a Change Settings button. To add an exception for Live Meeting from the DEP error message, follow these steps:
    1. When you receive the error message that is mentioned in the Symptoms section, click Change Settings.
    2. Click to select the Microsoft Office Live Meeting check box, and then click Apply.
    3. When you are prompted to restart your computer, click OK two times, and then restart your system.

I also use Microsoft Live Meeting 2007 but had never faced audio issue. I think you need to configure computer audio in a Live Meeting 2007 meeting. To do so, go to top of your Live Meeting 2007 console window and join a Live Meeting 2007 meeting as an Organizer or Presenter. Now select Set Up Audio And Video in the Voice And Video pane and complete the onscreen instructions. Now go to the Live Meeting 2007 menu bar and select Voice & Video to access the Voice & Video pane. Here click on Options and select Set Up Audio And Video. Click yes if you are prompted with any message. Complete the wizard to finish setting up your audio and video.

Thats it !!

Live Meeting provides several ways to connect to the audio portion of a meeting, including:
    • Dialing in to a phone conference. This is the traditional way of connecting to the conference call by calling the phone number provided in the meeting invitation.

• Having the conference call service call you. If the Join Conference option is enabled for your meeting, you can click Join Conference to have the conference call service call you.

• Connecting to the Internet Audio Broadcast of a meeting. When Internet Audio Broadcast is enabled, meeting audio is provided through your computer. In this case, meeting audio is not interactive.

In Microsoft Live Meeting, many times Audio stops working and give an error message stating "An audio codec is needed to play this file." This is because one or more registry entries for the Vivog723.acm codec are missing. This may also be the cause of your problem. To fix it out, you need to install Vivog723.inf file that can be downloaded.

Once it is install on your system, rejoin the meeting to access the streaming audio broadcast. Hope the audio will work fine.

When i was using Microsoft Live Meeting, i also useto face many issues with the same. One of my friend suggested me a utility called as Process Monitor tool. Its really very useful in troubleshooting Live Meeting issues.

Process Monitor is an advanced monitoring tool for Windows that shows real-time file system, Registry and process/thread activity. It combines the features of two legacy Sysinternals utilities, Filemon and Regmon, and adds an extensive list of enhancements including rich and non-destructive filtering, comprehensive event properties such session IDs and user names, reliable process information, full thread stacks with integrated symbol support for each operation, simultaneous logging to a file, and much more. Its uniquely powerful features will make Process Monitor a core utility in your system troubleshooting and malware hunting toolkit.

Download Process Monitor