Thread: Thunderbird doesn't download all Gmail messages

Thunderbird doesn't download all Gmail messages

Hi,

Hello, I have a problem with the email client thunderbird 2.0.0.14, I want to use my gmail account, but does not completely unload all my messages, sent and received during my use of gmail, I have to be pressing all the time the button "receive messages" for example now download messages and there to 384, pressed the button to receive messages, and low for some more and again and so on. Does anyone why Thunderbird doesn't download all Gmail messages ?? Is there some way to put sent messages in another folder? I mean, I know which are those that send me, because I get my sender e-mail, but wanted to know if all that I can send to separate from those received, like in gmail.

re: Thunderbird doesn't download all Gmail messages

I had experienced something similar happened to me but very easy solution, this is due to leave the mails on the server and download Thunderbird again and again,

1.Open the configuration of your account.
    2.Select the option "server configuration"
    3.deactivate the option "leave messages on server"
    4. click OK and restart thunderbird

this way you delete files from the server after you have downloaded, and when you log in, you will not be repeating.

Re: Thunderbird doesn't download all Gmail messages

When you first enable POP in your Gmail settings, messages in batches as our servers communicate with your mail client. It may take some time for all mail to download if you have lots of messages. Try removing the entry for your Gmail address in your POP mail client and re-add it with the correct settings. Note that you may lose your local copy of the previously downloaded Gmail messages.

You need to check that, you have selected the Enable POP for all in the "Forwarding and POP / IMAP section of Gmail settings. You should also keep in mind that messages in 'Spam' and 'Trash' do not download automatically. To access these messages with POP, please send them to either your 'Inbox' or 'All Mail'. And finally, copies of Gmail does not download messages sent from your client, or messages already available in the client.

I realized that the LiveUpdate for NAV was not working well. I deleted and reinstall NAV. LiveUpdate is now working and Thunderbird seems to be downloading all messages. NAV will not uninstall using Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel, so I had to delete the folder and do a search NAV LiveUpdate for all "and delete folders. Hope this helps someone with similar problems.