Thread: Why Gmail is better than other?

Why Gmail is better than other?

Why Gmail is better than other? This is the question which came to mind when I looked at the list of email address of my friends. More than 90% of my friends having their email id on Gmail. Then I realized why only Gmail. There must be good reasons if such a large number of users are using Gmail. If possible give your reason for using Gmail.

Re: Search is easier in Gmail

I like the Gmail because it comes with filters; I mean that it is much easier to search the contents in Gmail. Gmail is fast compared to other E-mail services, Gmail loads faster than yahoo mail, windows live, hotmail or any other mail service. I think the reason for faster loading of Gmail is that it is mostly text based and hardly use images.

Re: Gmail provides both POP and SMTP

The reason I think that most people prefer Gmail is that Gmail provides both POP and SMTP features. And these features are provided with the secure connection. Integration of Google talk; Gmail allows me to chat with other people even if they have not install Google talk. Well this feature is not available on other accounts.

Re: Why Gmail is better than other?

Advertising on is done by Google adsense and adds are placed on this on the left side in the plain text. But other email services have flash ads which are shown on top of the page. Because of these ads page takes lots of time to load. This is definitely not the case in Gmail. I really hate the flash adds because it keeps annoying me.

Re: Gmail support office documents

Normally my work is related with lots of documents, and the feature which I like in Gmail, is the integration of Google with office. I can easily open documents, spreadsheets and presentation with Gmail. I am sure that this feature is not enabled in any of the top most email service providers.

Re: Gmail has undo feature

Well when I started using email I have done many stupid things while handling my account. I like the undo feature of Gmail a lot. Well once I have deleted my important email message by mistake. I was worried about that but the undo feature has saved me from this. I have just pressed the undo button and my email was back.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

Re: Why Gmail is better than other?

Its faster and easier than other email providers.