Thread: HP Pavilion tx1000z wireless card disappeared.

HP Pavilion tx1000z wireless card disappeared.

Hi all, I am using HP Pavilion tx1000z from last 1 and half year but never faced this problem. I have bought a new wifi card for wireless connectivity on my notebook. Actually i unplugged the working notebook from the main power and took it to the other room and connected it again there. Then i found it that wifi light was amber and windows does not found any hardware.
    Last edited by Shaan12; 26-12-2009 at 11:35 PM.

It might be BIOS issue.

I think there is nothing much wrong with your notebook or anything regarding your wifi card. I can not surely say that it would be the bios problem but you may try flashing the bios. First of all take out the battery and flick the on switch a for some times. And then try booting up again.

Try to Reinstall the drivers.

It does not seems to be anything wrong with your wifi card. I think there would be some problem with the corresponding drivers. It might happen that your driver would not be supporting for the wireless connectivity. You should reinstall the drivers and try to reconnect it again.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

Remove your wifi card.

There could be some problem with your wifi card or it may also happen that your wifi card is not connected properly. There would be loos physical connectivity because of which this kind of problems may arises. I suggest you to remove your wifi card and plug it back properly. And now try to check that is it having the same problem.

Use Warranty/Guerranty of wifi card.

Do not be worrying, As it seems to be something wrong with your hardware. Might be your wifi card has some problem or may be your motherboard itself having some hardware problem. You should be having some Warranty period about your motherboard yet then i would be suggesting you not to waste your time in solving this problem on your own. Try to use those warranties given to you.

Re: HP Pavilion tx1000z wireless card disappeared.

First of all, I would like to ask you that are you using the on board wifi card or you are using the external card which you have bought. because it might be happening that you would be using the external card for wifi connectivity and your notebook would be having the driver for the on board card. So ultimately you are trying to use wrong driver or you can say wrong card.