Thread: How to join a domain in windows 7?

How to join a domain in windows 7?

Hi there, I need to set up a domain for my office in which i am setting up multiple computer in a Network. I am using windows 7 for all the computer in the network. But main problem is that i don't know how to that. I don't want to spend money on the engineer. So any one have idea about the joining domain in Windows 7. Waiting for reply because its urgent for me. Thanks in advance.

Dr. V Guest

Re: How to join a domain in windows 7?

Follow the step it might help for the domain joining. Go to the My Computer Icon and the Right click on that and the to the properties, Now go to the system.Now click on the change setting under the workgroup setting, This require Administrator privilege if ask for the password enter that.Now go to the Computer name Tab and click on the change. Then click on the Network ID and click Join Domain it will automatically domain name and user account on you computer. Now under the domain name of enter enter name of the domain which you want to join. It will ask for the user name and the domain name of the same. After that give a restart to your system. Hope this will work for you. Bye

Hey, If you are using the Windows 7 then this will be the easier for you to make out the domain. The Windows 7 Professional and Ultimate editions are inbuilt with the feature which will allow to join the domain quickly as well as securely. All you have to do is just go with the procedure to establishes the same and you will be able to create a domain in some moment. You will notice that you are connected to a domain after making the small change so create the domain and enjoy. Thanks

A domain is a collection of computers on a network with common rules and procedures that are administered as a unit. Each domain has a unique name. Typically, domains are used for workplace networks. To connect your computer to a domain, you'll need to know the name of the domain and have a valid user account on the domain.
    • Open System by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, right-clicking Computer, and then clicking Properties.
    • Under Computer name, domain, and workgroup settings, click Change settings. Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    • Click the Computer Name tab, and then click Change. Alternatively, click Network ID to use the Join a Domain or Workgroup wizard to automate the process of connecting to a domain and creating a domain user account on your computer.
    • Type the name of the domain that you want to join, and then click OK.
    • You will be asked to type your user name and password for the domain.

Once you are successfully joined to the domain, you will be prompted to restart your computer. You must restart your computer before the changes take effect.

Hi, If you are having the Active Directory domain for maintaing it network then you have to keep information about the computer domain i.e. which domain your computer belongs too. Which will allow the access of other computer in a workgroup. Right Click on the My computer. Go to the properties and then to the "System".If you are connected to a domain then you will find the name of the domain under the workgroup setting. Thats It!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by ApPy10; 26-12-2009 at 09:03 PM.