Thread: Internet problems on Mac G4

Internet problems on Mac G4

Hello friends, I have MAC G4 series which is running on OS X 10.2. It has a Mac processor with clock frequency 1.25ghz and the system memory is 512 mb. The problem I am facing with my G4 series that whenever i surf on internet, the performance of the pc really becomes slow and laggy. Also sometimes the browser gets hung up. This usually happens when i am playing gaming applications on the facebook. If there is any solution to the above problem please let me know.

Re: Internet problems on Mac G4

Looking at the problem it seems like the issue is with the internet speed you are using. It is possible that the line is not providing the bandwidth required to run such applications. To run such applications you need to continuous packets of data to be delivered so that the applications run smoothly. There are number of sites which provide information of about the link speed and quality of service provided by the Internet service provider. By running the online test you can determine the packets lost during communication.

I think the RAM of your system is too low to smoothly run such application. System memory or RAM determines the speed at which the applications are executed. To run more applications you need more RAM. Whenever an applications is executed, the files are copied to RAM for faster access by the system. As you have a 512 mb RAM there is a high possibility that it is getting depleted while trying to run such applications due to which the system performance suffers. Upgrading the RAM will surely improve the performance of your pc while running such applications.

Have tried using some other browser to surf the internet? It is possible that the version of the browser you are using does not support the applications you are trying to run. Install some other browser and check the performance of the PC and the applications. While installing a new browser check if it is a latest version and then only install it or You can update the current installed version of the browser to the latest version which will be available online.

Most of the applications on the facebook are flash based applications, hence they need browser with flash support to run. Check if the browser you are currently using supports flash utilities or not. Update the browser to the latest version available. Now go to Tools and select option. In options there will be no of tabs. Open the application tab and check for the flash utilities installed. If they are installed, check the version and update if necessary. If the browser does not support it then there is no other option than using some other browser.

I dont think that this is because of some Internet issue or some browser issue. The problem is your desktop is too old to handle such applications. The CPU speed and the bus speed of your comp are not upto the mark to handle such applications. Also the BUS architecture of the motherboard is old to handle such applications which require fast processing. To avoid the laggy performance while browsing, I will suggest to upgrade atleast the System memory so that the applications will run smoothly. If you can upgrade the whole system then it is well and good.