Thread: Why dwm.exe process running in the background?

Why dwm.exe process running in the background?

Hey i have a small query regarding the use of the one of the process running in the back ground of the computer. The name of the process is the "dwm.exe" which is always on the task manger from the start of the system. Can any one help me know that why the dwm.exe is running in the background. Any help may be appreciated. Thank in advance

Re: Why dwm.exe process running in the background?

This process acronym as Desktop Window manager. This is used in the Windows Vista operating system to enhance the effect of the transparent window in the same as well as the live taskbar thumbnail and also you can resize the same. It also gives support to the Flip 3D switcher which you can disable any time you wish and enable any time. Thats all i know about the same. Thank you

Vista always keeps a picture of their windows in the specified place in the memory and before sending it to the screen window creates the composite view of the same. This is happening because vista always keeps the track of the content. This is all done because of the dwm.exe process. This also add effect to the transparency. Using the same can also increase the utilization of the hardware using the Video card. Thanks

If you don't want to use it then you can disable it but I'll recommend you that disable it when you are playing the game on full screen and i cant assure you that it will help you to increase the performance of the game.You can only disable it through the Start menu or the control panel. Open it up and then click on the stop service and it will stop working. Thank you