Thread: Firefox 3.5 and IE7 doesn't work at the same time

Firefox 3.5 and IE7 doesn't work at the same time

Until 1 pm yesterday, I was working on Internet Explorer 7 with out any problem. And later on I went to Mozilla Firefox version 3. I went on the net to find the new version of Firefox 3.5 and downloaded installed it. Everything was going well. And to my surprise the Internet Explorer icon on my page returns me to the page of Firefox! So I uninstalled Firefox, and there I found my IE icon, this time, refers to the right browser (i.e. IE).

In short I found that when Firefox is installed, my links are always launched in Firefox but never in IE! Why? But I need both of them because I create websites and so I want to see the effect of website on both of the browsers.

Re: Firefox 3.5 and IE7 doesn't work at the same time

Anyway it is not right, Firefox is very "polite" and does not replace IE unless and until you tell it to do. If you do not find your IE.exe (which should be in C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer), you can download Process Explorer which shows you all the exe running on your machine, with the roads program.

For in fact right now, I have 2 Internet Explorer in front of me:

- One of version 7 that perfectly functions (tabs, bookmarks center while surfing), but coming from where that I don't know
    - Another of version 7 that is "rotten"; opens a new page for every click on a link but does not recognize tabs, lost my favorites list with each click. This "rotten V7" is where I have this problem, I click my IE icon .....

And if you simply try to do a system restore to yesterday's date when everything was going well? Did it worked? Or tried to copy the exe C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386\ on C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\.

Okay! With Process Explorer tool, I see it:
    1 - C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    2 - C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386\iexplore.exe - its one that I went to recover

For it is no longer there! (no longer in iexplore.exe C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\)

What to do in this case? I have reinstalled 3 times already IE7. Without success: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\ remains without iexplore.exe.

When I tried to copy the exe C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386\ on C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\, it tells me there is already an iexplore.exe in Program Files. It is 620 KB (instead of 90 KB of the i386).