Thread: Is Adobe Flash Player compatible with IE 8?

Is Adobe Flash Player compatible with IE 8?

Recently, I have installed IE8 by replacing the older version, IE7. The problem with IE8 is that it when I use You Tube, I want to play some flash videos using adobe flash player, it is not playing. Instead, some colorful images appear. I could not understand is it the problem of IE8 or my flash player. So first of all I need to know that is adobe flash player compatible with IE8? If not, then while using IE8 how do I play the flash videos?

Re: Is Adobe Flash Player compatible with IE 8?

No, Adobe Flash Player is not compatible with IE 8 because while browsing with internet explorer 8, widows, which is a 64 bit OS requires 64 bits in order to surf web alone. So, in order to play your flash videos, you simply need to change your browser. I suggest you to use Mozilla Firefox which is a very good browser.

This problem seems similar with one of my friends who had downloaded a beta version of IE8. The meaning of beta version is that it not the full version/not an official release. I recommend you to down load the full version of Internet Explorer 8 from the link given below. It will allow you to play your flash videos using Adobe Flash Player.
    Internet Explorer 8

Hey some time before, I was facing the same problem. IE8 was giving many problems while browsing including not able to play flash videos. You cannot even uninstall IE8 and reinstall IE7. It gives messages like "cannot install lower version". Then I tried it with Google Chrome and it successfully worked. Try this out and hopefully it might work in your case too.