Thread: Firefox : Invalid security certificate error

Firefox : Invalid security certificate error

Hi,

I'm using Firefox 3.01, and I just met a problem installing a security certificate while I was performing certain banking transaction, I got the following Error message:

Invalid security certificate Error: The version of your browser does not cashing out of your security certificate. CFG Error -002

But I accept cookies this site, and I have no problem to view this site secure version (Bank), and my Firefox is (3.01) And Java 1.6.0_07, 1.6.0 is installed. I have windows XP SP3 installed, and administrator mode.

If you have any tips, thank you in advance

Re: Firefox : Invalid security certificate error

The "security certificate invalid" errors are problems with the website you're visiting, not Firefox. The site is supposed to provide a safety certificate to prove it is safe and secure. If the site has no certificate, a lock release appears at the bottom of the screen. If the site has a certificate, and is valid, a key lock appears at the bottom. If the site has a security certificate, but it is wrong / outdated, then Firefox will warn you that someone might be trying to trick you. You can ignore the message by clicking on "Add an exception" button, and then retrieve the certificate and notes.

The version of your browser does not cashing out of your security certificate. CFG Error -002. This is clearly the site that announces it, perhaps after a detection of the browser. To solve the problem, first locate your profile. In your profile, find the file prefs.js and open it with a simple text editor (notepad or whatever, but not your word processor developed normally). Find the line containing general.useragent.override and simply delete the.

From now on, Firefox should again identify themselves properly and start normally. Anyway, check that box Reinstaller agent utiliser and quit (recommend) is checked in the options User Agent Switcher that the problem does not recur.

Security certificate LCL can perform certain transactions with electronic signature (eg. a transfer to an external RIB LCL without recording any advance this RIB). The problem occurs in step withdrawal of the certificate ordered. It seems to be a conflict between the features of the browser used to control certificate and used the facility. Code error CFR-020 may also appear "enter a new master password personal safety" while the extraction in IE. This is a error message on Firefox occurs whten, it was refused to order the certificate. The best: reapply a certificate and keep the same browser to install it.