Thread: Is it possible to use IE7 and FF2 with Windows 7

Is it possible to use IE7 and FF2 with Windows 7

My operating system is Windows XP and i use IE7 and FF2 as my browsers. I want to switch my operating system to Windows 7 and I am comfortable with the above mentioned browsers because when I tried to use IE8, I did not find it that as user-friendly as IE7 and FF2. So I want to know that can I use both these browsers even after I switch to Windows 7?

Re: Is it possible to use IE7 and FF2 with Windows 7

I use Windows 7 as my OS and it has IE8 as its default browser. When I was working with this OS, one day I found that many of the softwares which I used in Windows XP do not work with Windows 7. Then, somehow I disabled IE8 and searched for a setup of IE7. Luckily, I got one, but when I tried to install it, I received a message saying that "IE8 is not compatible with Windows 7". The simple answer is that it is impossible to use IE7 with Windows 7. I do not have knowledge about FF2.

I had the same problem while using Windows 7. It is very simple to to use internet explorer 7 and mozilla firefox 2 with Windows 7. You have to simply change "localhost" and set your new environment as dev. You can use all the browsers you have in such type of an environment.

It is possible to use any browser with Windows 7. I have done quite a reseach on this and found a software called Virtual Box which helps you to install a virtual Operating System of XP. You need to have minimum 2 GB RAM for this purpose. After installing the virtual OS , you simply have to go into XP mode and there you can use any of the browsers you want.

Techno01
    Could you please be more specific and perhaps details/
    Thanks

>>>You have to simply change "localhost" and set your new environment as dev.

darcysimonetti Guest

I don't really see anything wrong with IE7. It seems perfectly fine, especially if you don't want to deal with the hassle of getting used to a new browser. The tabs are great, and I've enjoyed the tab previews. But for me, I think I'll still stick to Firefox, mainly because of the extensions. I can't live without Adblock or Gmail manager these days. And if I really needed IE, the IE Tab extension comes to use as well.

Thanks darcysimonetti
    I'm looking for the details on how to install IE7 in windows 7 as mentioned by Techno01