Thread: Lock the IE browser

Lock the IE browser

I have HP Desktop PC having Windows Vista installed in it. I am using internet and I want to make my IE browser inaccessible to others. When I was not at home some one used my PC for surfing. I want to make my bookmarks and other personal information secure. I want a software or any other utility to provide this service. Suggest something.

Re: Lock the IE browser

I wanted to block IE browser from other user so that I used IE Lock down. IE Lock down is a plug ins for IE that helps you to set your password protect internet access on personal computer. IE Lock down provide access to only sites that you specify. IE Lock will stop other user from unauthorized suffering activities. It minimizes network traffic by eliminating back and fourth request. IE lock provides access to web pages that you have approved.

I worked on ostro 320 laptop. I used internet connection of Airtel. I am using Internet Lock 5.3 to make it uavailable to others. It is a access control and password protection solution for the internet. When a program connects to a internet, internet Lock pops up a password window. It drops the connection for wrong password. So my suggestion would be please install Internet lock.

If you want to lock the IE using registry the follow the steps-Open start> go to run and type regedit > it will show a window. In that window go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion \Policies\Explorer and make a new DWORD value and give name as "DisallowRun". Set value of it to 1. Create new sub key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ Policies\Explorer\DisallowRun and define the application that you want disallow. Create a string for each application name.(e.g "iexplore.exe" to prevent access to IE)