Thread: How to get Opera Sidebar in Firefox

How to get Opera Sidebar in Firefox

Hi,, i am using Windows Xp and use to browse internet with Firefox 3.5. Basically i use Firefox as my default web browser, but i like the Opera's sidebar option very much. Today, when i visited one of my friend's office, i saw a man using Firefox has the same opera sidebar in his Firefox browser. Thats really interesting and i would like to have the same on my browser. Do you guys have any idea how to get Opera Sidebar in Firefox ? Please make me know too. Thanks for all your kindness...

Re: How to get Opera Sidebar in Firefox

Yeah, thats really great feel to have Opera's Sidebar in Firefox browser. Doing so is now very easy with a simple Firefox add-on know as All-in-One Sidebar. lets you open various windows as sidebar panels, and quickly switch between them. So it put an end to the window chaos! In addition to bookmarks and history it opens dialogues such as downloads, add-ons and more in the sidebar. It lets you quickly switch between sidebar panels, view dialog windows such as downloads, add-ons, and more in the sidebar, or view source code or websites in the sidebar. It includes a slide-out button.

Download All-in-One Sidebar

All-in-One Sidebar (AiOS) is a sidebar control, inspired by Opera's. In order to add/remove other buttons to/from the AiOS toolbar, you just need to right-click on the AiOS-Toolbar and choose Customize.Just drag and drop items from the customization window to the toolbar or vice versa. It has some more useful features like Layout optimized for the sidebar, “Close All Folders” button, "Tools" button with options, etc...

Here is the complete list of features included with All-in-one Sidebar:-

• open Bookmarks, History, Downloads, Add-ons, Page Info, Page Source, and Error Console in the sidebar
    • fully customizable toolbar at the left side of the browser
    • quickly show/hide the sidebar and the toolbar with a thin switch
    • toggle the sidebar by clicking or just by mouse movements
    • all panels are optimized for displaying in the sidebar (including slim lists)
    • place the sidebar on the left or on the right side of the browser
    • configure the behavior at the browser start or in fullscreen mode
    • MultiPanel for opening webpages in the sidebar, amongst other features
    • configurable shortcuts and additional buttons
    • third-party add-ons are supported
    • can be extensively customized

All-in-One Sidebar (AiOS) also allows you to set the orientation to left or right, set the minimum, default and maximum width and the behavior on browser startup. It provides enhancements for many built-in features, which are related to the sidebar. The blue border is the Sidebar Switch can hide and show the sidebar and the toolbar, it can be wide as on the screenshot and it can be thin. You can customize the appearance and the behavior in the options dialog View > Sidebar > All-in-One Sidebar Options... > General > Sidebar Switch.