Thread: D-Link routers USB port not glowing

D-Link routers USB port not glowing

Hi. I have a D-Link router and wants to connect my system to the internet. I was able to connect to the internet before but after i formatted my system completely I am not able to access to Internet. I have configured the settings as it was but the led of USB port of the router is not glowing. It used to before. Kindly give me the solution. Thanking you.

Re: D-Link routers USB port not glowing

You have to check whether your routers USB driver is installed or not.With your D-Link router you get a utility disc. As your router is been connected with the Usb port to the machine you need to install the hardware with its driver. when your drivers are been installed the led will glow and you may access to internet.

As you have formatted your system you need to install the driver of your router to work on USB. Insert the utility disc into the CD-ROM drive and then goto start> control panel> add new hardware device. There you select automatically detect new device. It will search and then ask you to install the driver from specified location. Select your CD-ROM drives location as the source destination from where you are going to install it. after this restart your system and then try out.

There could be a other reason as well that you are not able to connect to internet or your USB led is not glowing and that is your cable is not good. The cable connection that connects the router with your system might be damaged. Replace it with a new one if the drivers are all installed and you have properly configured your internet settings. You could get the internet settings from your ISP(Internet service provider).