Thread: FTP via Telnet in Windows XP

FTP via Telnet in Windows XP

Hi,
    I need information on establishing a FTP via telnet. As Windows as the telnet service how to enable the same and use it. I want to subscribe for the same. Also post in details the command line tool for the same. Also what are the ways by which I can establish and manage of Microsoft Software Update Services. I want to configure the service on the basis on my configuration settings. This I want for a additional SBS system in my network. Thanks for any suggestions.

Re: FTP via Telnet in Windows XP

Here is a way to subscribe to Telnet for FTP. First get in the Command windows and type telnet (SERVER) (PORT). The server Port at a FTP Server, is 21st If server is precisely reachable and runs FTP service on the specified port, you should get a message from FTP servers receive with number 220 (WELCOME). Thereafter give - USER (name) and send this with the Return key. After that enter password - PASS (PASSWORT).

By the below listed command you can display directory and switch. The basic command code is HELP. Then to fetch it directly Returns a list with all Commandos delivered the the FTP server understands with message 214 (HELP OK). The directory where we find ourselves precisely we get also directly after Code: PWD. For reporting from Server - 257 (DIRECTORY PFAD). For switch CWD (DIRECTORY PFAD). Then you will receive a reporting with number 250 (DIRECTORY SUCCESSFULLY EXCHANGED).

Microsoft Software Update Services (SUS hereafter is called) to Used. SUS is a program that on a server system on the network
    is established and after depending on the configuration at different intervals New Updates for himself and his client is looking for. These updates are then more passed on to the client as needed. This procedure has several advantages like less time and effort, less utilization of the Internet, always the latest patches and updates and centralized management of patches and updates.

The establishment of the SBS should also apply to each of some experience with Windows has to be accomplished. First you have the full setup package approximately 33MB of SBS to be downloaded. Currently, the SBS is available in version 1.0 with SP1 but only in English and Japanese. The setup program for the time being we will only save them because before installing another
    some things must be done. The SUS is administrated via a web interface, therefore the server on which the SBS will run on the Microsoft Internet Information Service ", or have IIS. With our Windows 2003 server, we open for the establishment of the first under IIS START -> Programs -> Administrative Tools. We need i and can then under "Add or Remove Features" the server to manage.