Thread: Download doesn't starts from Windows Update Website

Download doesn't starts from Windows Update Website

I am a Windows Vista user. Yesterday i was trying to do some update on my same system form Microsoft Windows Update Website but i got some strange problem. As you all know when we try to download anything, they ask first to accept the End User License Agreement, I accepted that but still the download doesn't started. I tried it many times but no response. Do you guys have any idea about this kind of issue. How can i update my Windows Vista ? Please help.

Re: Download doesn't starts from Windows Update Website

I have also faced this issue on Windows Update wensite, however i can see the Web Page Dialog window open but download may not start. I don't why it happens but there is a way to fix it. You need to re-register some files in order to fix this problem. Here are the following files you need to work around:-

Msscript.ocx, Dispex.dll, Vbscript.dll and Scrrun.dll

I'll suggest you to install the Windows Update Agent on your computer that helps you to manage which updates will be installed on your computer. The Windows Update Agent works together with the Windows Update Web site to provide the latest updates to your computer. The Windows Update Agent also works together with servers that are running Microsoft System Management Server and Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) in a corporate environment. To automatically install the latest version of the Windows Update Agent, visit this Microsoft Web site.

I think re-registering the Msscript.ocx,Dispex.dll, Vbscript.dll, Scrrun.dll files can help you out for sure. After you reregister the files, you must then make sure that files with the JS file name extension are correctly associated with a program. To do this, follow these steps:

• Click Start, and then click Run.
    • In the Open box, type regsvr32 msscript.ocx, and then click OK.
    • Repeat step 2 with the following commands:
      • regsvr32 dispex.dll
      • regsvr32 vbscript.dll
      • regsvr32 scrrun.dll
    • Click Start, click Control Panel, click Appearance and Themes, click Folder Options, and then click the File Types tab.
    • In the Registered File Types list, click the JS extension, click Advanced, and then click Edit.
    • In the Application to perform action box, type the following command depending on your operating system.
      Code:
      C:\WINDOWS\System32\WScript.exe "%1" %*

System Management Server and WSUS are frequently used to manage the updates that are installed in the corporate environment. If this is the case for your system, contact your network administrator for information about how to obtain the latest Windows Update Agent.

If you enable Windows Update, some software components that are directly related to Windows Update will have to be updated occasionally on your computer. These updates must be performed before Windows Update can check for required updates or before it can install other updates. These required updates fix errors, provide ongoing improvements, and maintain compatibility with the Microsoft servers that support Windows Update. If you disable Windows Update, you will not receive these updates.