Thread: SeaMonkey fails to start

SeaMonkey fails to start

Hi,

My Seamonkey will not launch. I don't know whether, I had a virus or spyware. Once I had scanned with spywaredoctor / Antivirus. Now SeaMonkey fails to start. Seamonkey has never be a problem before. Internet Explorer is fine. Any ideas?

Re: SeaMonkey fails to start

It is comprised of two different components. One is the program, by default located in Program Files - mozilla.org - Seamonkey. Part two is the Profile, which is in a hidden folder, in C:\Documents and Settings\user_name\Application Data\mozilla.org\SeaMonkey\Profiles. Your profile is, likely to be named Default, and it will have onefolder of the type abc.slt. Do you know how to view hidden folders? If your profile is present, and there is every file, the link to the program may be broken. Otherwise, your program/profile may have removed too much. Try to create a new profile. Click on Start - Programs - Seamonkey - Profile Manager.

I do not want to have several multiple files around Mozilla. Must I do everything that suppresses the installation and just do a / usr / local / dir-ons with a symbolic link to Accessories / usr / bin / seamonkey or something? if that's the way its meant to be installed ...

If you've tried running the seamonkey.EXE file directly and you also tried running the Profile Manager, without success, the problem is located within Gecko Runtime Environment (GRE), which means you'll have to reinstall SeaMonkey so that new GRE files are created.

Solution:
    1. Download the SeaMonkey offline installer but do not install it yet.
    2. Uninstall SeaMonkey using Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs (if both are installed, uninstall both).
    3. Restart the computer.
    4. Delete the C:\Program Files\Common Files\mozilla.org\GRE\ folder ....THIS IS IMPORTANT!
    5. Delete the leftover \Program Files\mozilla.org\SeaMonkey folder if it exists, and all its contents (save your Plugins folder, if you wish, to a backup location).
    6. With your antivirus program disabled and all other programs closed, reinstall Mozilla Suite or SeaMonkey