Thread: Search for friends disabled on Facebook

Search for friends disabled on Facebook

I had installed Windows Xp as my operating system. I'm using Internet Explorer 7.0 as my web browser. The problem is that when i hit the search key to find friends on Face Book, it keeps blocking me from being able to search. Can any one tell me that why Search for friends has been disable on Face Book? Any one knows about it? Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Search for friends disabled on Facebook

There is still a solution for you though, because if you have anyway to find them through another person, all you need is their url and you can put them into your top friends (temporarily if needed). This problem occurs when you try to add multiple friends in a short span of time. This error comes when you are deleting or posting a large number of scraps at a time,Sending too many friend requests within a short span of time.

Can you reactivate your facebook account? The problem could also occur if you try to add too many friends in a short duration of time. User Search, which is currently disabled, lets you search for other users by the information. This mainly happens if you use javascripts , sending of scraps in bulk , friend requests in bulk and if you send bulk scraps to the users which are not added in your profile.

I understand its not a deal breaker but its kind of annoying when trying to search for friends. This error comes when you are deleting or posting a large number of scraps at a time,Sending too many friend requests within a short span of time. Note that you will be blocked temporarily from adding more friends for a duration of 1 day to 1 week depending upon user activity.