Thread: Error Message: Setup Was Unable to Download All of the Required Components

Error Message: Setup Was Unable to Download All of the Required Components

Hi,

Why is it that when I try to load Internet Explorer 7, I get the following message, Setup could not download the required components. Please make sure you are connected to the Internet or try to run the installation later. But the thing is I'm connected Internet through local area network. You can also load Netscape no problem. Does anyone have any idea where can I start?

Re: Error Message: Setup Was Unable to Download All of the Required Components

To solve the problem:

1. Use Regedt32 to navigate:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion.

2. Double-click the name ProgramFilesPath value, a data type REG_SZ, and set the value data to C: \ Program Files.

NOTE: If Windows NT 4.0 is not installed on drive C:, substitute that drive letter C:.

3. Click OK.

4. Exit regedt32.

You can install it directly from the Microsoft site. choose Run from the current location instead of saving to disk. If that fails, what Internet provider you use? It is possible that the waiting time if your ISP does not see anything happening.

Setup was unable to download information about available installation sites. Setup can not have been able to migrate the current proxy settings. Click the Advanced button if you know your proxy settings. This network may be busy, you can try again? If you still have this problem, please try setup at a later time.