Thread: Need some tips and tricks of Gmail

Need some tips and tricks of Gmail

Hi,
    I had recently signed up a Gmail Account. As it offers a free on so I just gave up a try. The user interface is simply and easy to use. Now here I am looking for some really cool tips and tricks of this email site. That means like how traditional it look what more features does it provides that are hardly known and used. I want some of them. Please post if you guys knows any tips which can help out to play with a Gmail account. I tried to observe the page but does not found any relevant. Thanks in advance.

Re: Need some tips and tricks of Gmail

I will list you some really cool features of Gmail which users does not uses many times. Like you an format your name in the web site. The option is available in the account option on the left side. You can simply format your mail name and set as you want. You can define you signature and set it as you want. The signature will appear at the end of each mail you will send out. One good feature that I enjoy is auto forwarding a mail. you an just choose the all forwarding the option which will forward your mails to the assigned email. The setting is available on the setting option > formatting.

One thing I always enjoy in Gmail is creating labels. You can simply generate you label and put that in the message. You can assign those to your mails and send them. The label becomes your mails identity. You can do this by going in the new message and selecting labels form the drop-down menu. Then in the message tick the label option and choose create new. Add up your preferences in it and assign a name. Now give OK. You label is created and the same can be used in all your mails.

I will show you some instructions that can help you to access your mails more securely over the net. Just access your mails by going to mails.google.com. And then login your id and password. It is always secure to use a http connection. Now do this go to settings and then go to General category. After that just ensure that the http option under the Browser connection is properly set. Save the changes. Now you an access your web more securely.