Thread: What is Friendster

What is Friendster

Hi,
    I need some information on Friendster. I found the site most commonly used in my local area. I am not a tech guy but the reason I need details on it is I want to place my companies ad on this site. I heard that any member can put his companies ad on the site and this site is frequently visited by local people. I am currently using the Google's service for advertisement. But if this one is for free than I will just give a try. I want to know how create ads, account on this site. If it is chargeable then what is the cost. What types of ads can be added here and at last what is the coverage area of it. Thanks in advance.

Re: What is Friendster

Friendster is a type of social networking website. But is a private site. So you need to create a member ship account in it. The site gives services that helps user to get in connection with other members, maintain contacts and share media & files. It is also used for dating, learning about new brands, hobbies, and events. You have used Facebook or Orkut. It is somewhat like them. As per a survey this site has 90 million registered users and more than 61 million visitors. This site gets 9 billion page views every month. The sites lies on top 100 websites in the world. More than 90% of the traffic is from Asia. So this can be a helpful site for your brand advertisement.

The site is not just a simple social networking website. It gives you more than that. The site is a idea choice for e-commerce. There are multiple service offered by it. Like Fan Profiles. By this you can add details about your favorite star, musician, etc. The service accumulates the relevant fans to a single spot. So that you can contact them and share your vies. You can also receive alerts on our mobile also in text mode. It works with all types of mobile device and available in all areas. It is also offers multi lingual support. And all the language are set in the main domain only.

You can go the site and generate your own ad in the advertise column of the site. But this needs signup of a paid service to get access to such plans. The cost vary as per the type of ad and the type of targeting criteria selected by you. You will get a proper estimate of the ad before getting it. The ad must be either text only of image only. Both should have a single redirect. You can add upto 25 characters to the titles and 90 to the body in text mode. In image the dimension must be 300 x 250. The site used location based users as per chosen by you to display the ad. Or you can also try to target specific content.