Thread: Unable to configure N1 wireless router and DSL modem

Unable to configure N1 wireless router and DSL modem

I have recently shifted to new house where I need to configure my DSL Modem wireless Router & the N1 wireless router to work together. It was lot of pain when I was trying to setup the wireless router to access the internet through the DSL Modem Router. But I endup with no solution, Please help me in configuring my network setup.

Re: Unable to configure N1 wireless router and DSL modem

Try cloning the MAC address of the network adapter of the computer that was originally online through the modem. The Linksys user guide has a section on MAC Cloning. About the No connectivity or limited connectivity it will solve itself if you wait little more time otherwise you can enter IP address manually Goto Control Panel> Network connections> right click on Local Area Connection> Properties> select TCP/IP> Properties> select Use the following ip address> enter ip address of Modem subnet + gateway.

Don't Change anything on the Router Config, Check the IP-addresses of router and notebook; check the encryption-method and the encryption keys (be careful with it, for the beginning you better do not use encryption, Network Cable from DSL is supposed to go into Router Internet port... but this will not work! HAH! so instead insert this cable in one of the network (LAN) ports on your router., but when all other details work and you have a working connection it is strongly recommended to use encryption for your security).

Read your manual for further details. For the old notebooks I think you have to buy a wlan-pcmcia-card with the antenna (the new Dell-notebook should have it integrated). The configuration worked for me but I changed the ip address of the wireless router to 192.168.2.1 because when the router automatically configured it maintained the 192.168.1.1