Thread: Easiest way to search iTunes app store

Easiest way to search iTunes app store

I am having an iPhone and Ipod too that i use to sync with iTunes app store. Now the problem is that when i search for any application on iTunes, it gives me hundreds of result and than again i need to browse there for the particular app. Do you guys have any easiest way to search iTunes app store ? Please share if any. Thanks..

Re: Easiest way to search iTunes app store

Well, fortunately while searching for the fix of your problem, i came across a search engine that is designed only to search for apps of iTunes app store. It is uQuery.com that is a new search engine focused on the emerging market of iPhone & iPod Touch applications. It is a new social search engine that combines the power and comprehensibility of standard search engine results plus data gathered by common social web applications. With 72,290 applications available on the AppStore, it has become tremendously difficult to find the right application but as i tried, uQuery.com is the best solution for the same.The site uses its own system of algorithms called “AppRank” to make it easy and fast to find the right app for certain tasks.

I can say that uquery is much better than iTunes App Store. There goal is to index and offer a very fast and easy way to find the application that you need. Unlike the iTunes App Store, you can use your browser’s “find in page” command to pinpoint your search term in the search results. Utilizing new indexing technologies we have created a huge index of all the applications currently available in the iTunes AppStore.The only one disadvantage is that uquery.com doesn’t seem to have all the information that the iTunes App store does.

uQuery took the look, feel and usability of Google and made a search engine for the AppStore.With features like: filtering by price, date and category and a full-text index of the application description, it allow all iPhone & iPod users to quickly improve their app discovery experience.When you click on an application, you will be taken to a page which is similar to the one you will find in iTunes where you can find some info about the app. Just give a try if you really want to search an app easily.