Thread: pokerstars stole my account and money

pokerstars stole my account and money

Hello , Last week I have Created a Account on Pokerstars , now they have stole my account and my money also , i also had suspicion that my pc is being monitored from someone their, can you tell me how can i get my money back and most importantly make sure that i am safe , because that is my first priority , please help me thanks in advance

Re: pokerstars stole my account and money

PokerStars uses some of the most secure systems to protect the integrity of your account. However, the security of your account depends on the password that you choose. The tips below do not apply only to your PokerStars account, but also to all other online services protected by a password. It is your responsibility to protect your password. This allows you to monitor your account online poker safely

Your password can be compromised in three ways:

Someone may know your password if you provide it to them us.
    The best way to avoid this is to not reveal your password to anyone

someone Can guess your password if it is too easy.
    Do not use a password too simple, like "password" or "qwerty" or your user ID or name. If you have accomplished a feat (winning a poker tournament in particular), do not use this reference as a password.

Someone can retrieve your password via a website phishing (fake website) or installing malicious software on your computer.
    The PokerStars software is the only place where you must enter your password. PokerStars will never ask you to send your password. You should never send to anyone. There is no site (through your Internet browser) can legitimately ask for your password PokerStars.

First I Would Suggest you Remove Your internet Connection immediatly and then install good firewall software and after that install some good spyware and antivirus , dont forget to update them and scan your computer

Here are some Tips to avoid trouble with your password:

• Never write your password where someone can find it.
    • Often change your password.
    • Do not stay connected to your account if other people have access to your computer.
    • Do not use the option "Remember password in the login window if other people have access to your computer. This is especially important in office and residential university.
    • Do not become prey to scammers who try to access your account. If an offer sounds too good to be true, it probably is.