Thread: How do you choose an ISP?

How do you choose an ISP?

Hi guys,

I am quite good with hardware but don't have a good knowledge about internet. I am taking internet connection at my home so I want to know that about how to choose a Internet Service provider? or If you can tell me how do you choose an ISP?

Re: How do you choose an ISP?

You need an ISP package that offers optimum network reliability and performance. Call or visit their Web sites to compare prices and service. Then check out any dedicated Internet Service Providers. Find out how your personal information is protected from inappropriate access by others outside and inside the company. The secondly aspect of bandwidth relates to another fine point. It has to do with the modem you see.

If you intend to use the computer and the Internet mainly to send email, then a simple dial up Internet is really all you need. There are some that offer web accelerators, which tend to make your web browsing faster. However, if you're someone who likes to play games on the web, watching videos on the Internet and chat with your friends on the Internet, you need something like DSL or cable Internet.

Make sure your ISP offers POP3, SMTP, and webmail services. You need to be able to receive and send email using any email reader (such as Eudora or Outlook Express) and using a web-based interface - not just using the interface of the ISP itself. Most ISPs are large national and do not give personal customer service. Local ISPs are much better if you do not want to travel with your Internet. This is usually provided and owned by the ISP and is provided as a service, but sometimes there is an additional charge for the team. So be sure to ask about the computer.

Choosing an ISP is not complicated. Many Internet service providers distribute product discs that let you test the product before buying it, and they often offer a discount as an incentive to switch ISPs and most provide the software you need and help you configure the computer to make the Internet connection for the first time. Many have a toll-free and unlimited technical support.