Thread: Joomla vs Wordpress ? Which is the best ?

Joomla vs Wordpress ? Which is the best ?

Hi,

I want to know which CMS is good for SEO. I don't like much coding, therefore I wan to know, joomla or wordpress, which one is good for me in all the aspects. I am looking for something I can customize and be easily made SEO friendly.

Re: Joomla vs Wordpress ? Which is the best ?

It depends on your needs. Both are good choices. Wordpress is a blogging platform, while Joomla is a full-fledged CMS. Both can be customized and be SEO friendly. Joomla is a great system to create something fast and ready to go. All features are there and easy to implement. The control panel is separate from the rest of the site and it looks good. The problem with Joomla is that I think is very rigid. Templates are a lot of work to put together. While Wordpress is much more specialized, such as a blog engine instead of a general purpose CMS. I think Wordpress has a much better template system that Drupal and Joomla, and is easier to customize because of this.

Wordpress is built for bloggers, with comments, tags, and practically everything you need your blog out of the box. Its Easy and Simple.

Joomla is the best option if your site is almost everything but a blog. The learning curve is difficult in part a function of the advanced features offered by Joomla. You'll have to spend more time with it, and Joomla is obsessed with the stupid looking for ways to contact and FAQ pages.

Joomla has a complex multiple user privilege system with user registration and layered content privileges. Wordpress is easy to use and some of them were already familiar with it, was an obvious solution. Install Wordpress on a server that can be accessed quickly and easily from anywhere with Internet access, and make them come to stores instead of having to learn about a completely different system.