Thread: Contact Chooser feature in Gmail

Contact Chooser feature in Gmail

To day while i was about to login in my Google Gmail account, i saw add saying Gmail adds Contact Chooser feature. Well, i like every features of Gmail and that is why i am using it since a long years. I would also like to take benefit if this feature but could you please explain me what is Contact Chooser feature in Gmail ? Thanks for your help.

Re: Contact Chooser feature in Gmail

Yeah, after a long time finally Gmail has rolled out a new feature of contact chooser that should make it a bit easier to address email messages. Contact Chooser can be helpful while composing a message. It enables you to open a popup window to pick contacts from a list to send an email to. When you will click on the To link or CC or BCC, you will get a new window with all your contact list and you can choose the recipient from there easily. This is what called as Contact Chooser.

Contact Chooser present you a list of contacts to include in your email, that eliminate the need of relying on auto-complete for adding recipients. It allows you to search contacts from a search box and pick contacts from a list and send messages to them. This feature is accessible when you click on the "To" link when you compose a message.

Its really a nice feature that Google has added to Gmail. I tried it today morning in my account and now i must thank Google. If you use contact groups, your groups will appear in a drop-down menu in the contact chooser, so you can select contacts from the groups you've already created. Isn't it nice. But anyways, the old Gmail auto-complete feature is still easier if you're sending messages to frequently used addresses.