Thread: why wont my internet work?

why wont my internet work?

Hello , I have a problem with my internet connection , can you tell why wont my internet work? , i dont the reason for not working of my internet connection , yesterday it was working , but now it does seem to work now, please help me solve this problem thanks in advance

Re: why wont my internet work?

WinSock XP Fix is a utility useful for Internet users of Windows XP. It is not uncommon in the event of certain changes at the registry of a Microsoft Windows operating system the result is not what you expected, that some elements (such as TCP / IP) simply do not work any more. WinSock XP Fix is precisely designed for that purpose since it is a program for a first time to save then in a second time to restore the state of a damaged registry.

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2.

1. Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt:
    2. Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ip reset reset.log
    3. Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog
    4. Reboot the machine.

Windows XP offers an option to repair a network connection. In the Network Connections control panel (Control Panel / Network Connections), simply right-click on the desired network connection and choose repair.go into network settings and disable the network device, then re-enable. The go into the command prompt and type ipconfig /flushdns and after that type ipsonfig release and then right click on the network device and click repair.

The command "netsh int ip ..." in fact allows, ,you to reset the TCP / IP. On Windows XP Service Pack 2, you can also add:

netsh winsock reset catalog

It allows the reset of the socket that handles the TCP / IP. This command can be used to solve a network problem (problem of navigation, problem of IP addressing, etc ...)