Thread: can anyone remote access my computer?

can anyone remote access my computer?

Hi there,

I had a remote access and left it.It is yesterday after a system restore on the laptop I realized that my email accounts and other online accounts user names and passwords were being changed, I disabled the remote access.Now i would like to ask, is there a program I can load on the computer to see the ip addresses that were remotely accessing the computer? Help please!

any helps would be appreciated..!!!

Re: can anyone remote access my computer?

Shutdown your computer off. No hacker has ever defeated the power switch.vist to an internet cafe and alter every single password you have. Use strong passwords. . Also call your bank, credit card company, telephone and mobile provider etc. even if you've never accessed them through your machine. Maybe you should backup your home folder, erase your drive, secure-wipe it (takes a couple of days) then reinstall and copy things back one file at a time.

I suggest you to Install ZONE ALARM and know about each connection that is made to and from your computer.pathetically I've seen people freak after installing ZONE ALARM. I'll stop here since this issue is too easy to solve easily

If you have administrative privileges on your computer you can see for that computer, who has access. Go to start>settings>control panel>user accounts and see who has access.You could open the Console app to check the logs. in /Applications/Utilities. Unplug and disconnect your computer from the internet first.If he is smart enough, it is possible he could have edited the logs as well. That's why it's best to reinstall everything.