Thread: What is Yahoo Briefcase

What is Yahoo Briefcase

I don't use my yahoo mail more often. But while surfing or checking my mail on yahoo, many time i come across Yahoo Briefcase. But have never checked it. I guess it is some thing like file storage service from Yahoo. But just for information i wanted to know what exactly is Yahoo Briefcase and how it works?

Re: What is Yahoo Briefcase

Yahoo! Briefcase is a tool that allows you to store files online and then access them from anywhere. Think of it as an extra hard drive that you can use from any computer connected to the Internet. It's a tool for managing files from home, work, or any other location and a great way to share files with family, friends, and co-workers. Yahoo! provides 30MB of storage space for your files.

Yahoo briefcase was really a nice service from Yahoo but unfortunately it is no more existing now.Briefcase, which offered 30MB of online storage, was launched almost 10 years ago is been stop on March 30, 2009. The company has posted a message alerting users that Yahoo! Briefcase will close on March 30th.There are now many alternative online storage services to Briefcase like Microsoft's SkyDrive where you can get 25GB of free storage.

Yahoo briefcase has been disable earlier this year. If you are in search of any Online storage services than alternatively Microsoft's SkyDrive. Microsoft is also upping the amount of storage provided with its SkyDrive service to 25GB from 5GB.