Thread: Clicking own ads on Google Adsense

Clicking own ads on Google Adsense

One of my friend who is the blog owner use to keep ads on Google Adsense. Yesterday suddenly he called me and warned me to not to click on that ads which is placed by him. He also said me that he also can not click on his own ads on Adsense. What is the risk if some one click own ads on Google Adsense ?

Re: Clicking own ads on Google Adsense

Clicking your own ads for any reason is prohibited on Adsense and is the surefire way to close you Adsense account.Google is much smarter than you think and can discover invalid clicks through IP addresses, site navigation patterns, etc. if you click on your own ads. If you working on a new design for your site, avoid reloading your pages excessively.In my mind there is NO valid reason to click on your own ads. You can check the ads which appear on your pages by the Google Preview tool if required.

Clicks on Google ads must result from genuine user interest. Any method that artificially generates clicks or impressions on your Google ads is strictly prohibited.Google will identify and categorize these clicks as fraud clicks. If any one does it , can get banned from Google Adsense.Few people make the clicks on their own site so that the adsense program is prohibited. Not clicking on own ads is just for your Google Adsense account protection.

Be very careful about clicking your own ads. Its just not worth the risk. There are lot more things that you must not do on Adsense. Just go through this:-

1. Compensate users for viewing ads or performing searches, or promise compensation to a third party for such behavior.
    2. Encourage users to click the Google ads using phrases such as "click the ads", "support us", "visit these links" or other similar language.
    3. Direct user attention to the ads using arrows or other graphical gimmicks.
    4. Place misleading images alongside individual ads.
    5. Place ads in a floating box script.
    6. Format ads so that they become indistinguishable from other content on that page.
    7. Format site content so that it is difficult to distinguish it from ads.
    8. Place misleading labels above Google ad units. For instance, ads may be labelled "Sponsored Links" or "Advertisements", but not "Favourite Sites" or "Today's Top Offers".