Thread: Can i remove my faces from Google Street View

Can i remove my faces from Google Street View

I agree that Google Street View is really nice but as you all might be know that it continues to generate controversy. Now i also have little bit problem with it. While just playing on Google Street View i came across my house and was able to see it clearly, including my cars, its number plates, etc.. but this concern to my privacy.

I mean any one can find my details in some cases. So i just wanted to know is there any way i can remove my house cars or faces from Google street View ? If yes, how ? Please help.

Re: Can i remove my faces from Google Street View

Yeah, you have the right to offend your privacy and can be removed from Google Street View easily. Already Google respects your privacy and usually blurs identifying personal details. but if you want to remove it completely from the view than just follow this steps:-

• Open Google Maps and click on Street View.

• Search for your house or car, etc. that you want to be removed and click on the Street View Help link. You will find it on the top of the image.

• Now on the next screen click on 'report inappropriate image' link.

• Than you need to enter the complain and the reason for offending that image, once done. Submit the complain.

• Thats it. Google will tell you the period how long they are gonna take to remove it and the image will be removed.

According to Google, Complete privacy does not exist in this world except in a desert, and anyone who is not a hermit must expect and endure the ordinary incidents of the community life of which he (or she) is a part. But anyways, Google gives you authority to remove your images from Google Street View. Simply go to Google Street View and identify the concerned images. see the bottom left of the concerned map screen, and look for the faint “Report a Problem” link. Click on it and post your complain and problems and submit it.

To request removal of your image from Street View, you must demonstrate that you are the person shown in the panorama you would like removed. We will not take action if you are reporting on behalf of someone else (such as a friend, relative or stranger), except that you may report on behalf of your minor child. To show that you are the person in the image you would like removed, you must provide us with the information specified below. To expedite our ability to process your request, please use the following format on your verification form:

• Provide your legal name.

• Provide your e-mail address.

• Provide the street view address of the Street View image you would like removed.

• Include the sworn statement: "I declare, under penalty of perjury, that the information in this notification is accurate."

• Attach a clear, readable copy of a valid photo ID (e.g. driver’s license, national ID card, etc). If you are requesting removal of an image of a location, attach a copy of a document demonstrating your association with that location ( e.g. business card or letterhead).

• Please e-mail your completed verification form, along with the necessary attachment, to maps-legal@google.com within 5 days. If you are unable to upload a copy of your photo ID electronically in an e-mail, you may also fax us a copy of your form and photo ID to (650) 887-0389.

We will temporarily remove the Street View image pending receipt of your ID verification. If we have not received a copy of your photo ID within 5 days, then we will restore the panorama back to Street View. Please note that we will investigate your complaint and take action as needed. We will not contact you unless we need more information to review your request. If you see that the panorama was not removed from Street View, it is likely that it did not meet our conditions for permanent removal.
    Source: wired