Thread: What is meant by Inbound Links

What is meant by Inbound Links

One of my friend carrying a blog usually talk about inbound link. I heard this word many times at lots of places. I do know that it is something related to search engine. But what is it actually? I need to know about inbound links to solve my confusion. Could you please suggest me something about it. I am sorry if my question has already been asked. Thanks in advance.

Re: What is meant by Inbound Links

Inbound Links to your web site are one of the most important factors in website ranking. The more inbound links you have to your site, the higher your rank in the search results of the major search engines.Inbound links can bring new users to your site, and when the links are merit-based and freely-volunteered as an editorial choice, they're also one of the positive signals to Google about your site's importance.The idea behind linkpop is that the more pages that link to a page, the more important the page is and it, therefore, deserves a higher ranking than it would otherwise have.Having links from other websites to yours is a critical part of search engine optimization. Some most important benefits of Inbound Link is, search engine robots follow links between websites. The more inbound links you have, the more often robots will visit your site.

Other signals include things like our analysis of your site's content, its relevance to a geographic location, etc. If you would like to increase your search engine rankings than create as many inbound links as you can however, be sure they are quality inbound links that are relative to your business or web site. Add your website link to inboundlinks.org web directory now for free or pay a small fee for better placement. Some engines simply counted the number of links coming into a page (inbound links), but Google took the idea a step further.

Each inbound link comes comes from a page which itself has inbound links.Remember that to search engines not all links are created equal, some links are more important and will have more value than others. The best links are those from high quality, highly ranked pages with a topic related to your site.

There are some tips you must follow for a successful link exchange campaign, like:-

• Create a page of links on your site where you can place links to all the places that you undertake. Make sure to provide clear instructions on how to connect with you, including the exact HTML code you want your link partners to use.

• Provide a useful product or service. If visitors to your site get value from what you provide, they're more likely to link to you.

• Join forums and place links to your site(s) in your signature line. Use your main searchterms as the link text - I'll come to why that is necessary later in this article.

• Maintain a spreadsheet where you can write down the name of each target site, their webmaster's email address, their URL, the URL of their links page,etc..

If you also want to know the difference between Inbound links and Outbound links than see this: Difference Between Inbound and Outbound links